Tuesday 18 September 2007

I'm pretty excited!

Okay, so there is this religion I'm thinking about, it's called Ásatrú, which is Scandinavian I believe for "Belief in the Gods" and it's based on the beliefs of the Norse Gods, Æsir, and it's a form of Germanic Paganism.

Okay, so I've said before I like the idea of paganism, and I think Ásatrú is the branch for me, I'm looking on  the website right now which is:
http://www.asatru.org tell me what you think.

Although, this will involve learning 1 more language which would be ancient runes...
Their website says I have to learn this:
Know how to carve,
know how to read,
know how to stain,
know how to understand,
know how to ask,
know how to offer,
know how to evoke,
know how to sacrifice.

I mean, I know certain runes... but I'm FAR from fluent lol

And, there are certain holidays that Ástrú have each month.

January - Snowmoon
February - Horning
March - Lenting
April - Ostara
May - Merrymoon
June - Midyear
July - Haymoon
August - Harvest
September - Shedding
October - Hunting
November - Fogmoon
December - Yule

The there is this website:
http://www.asatru-u.org/beginner/asau-beginner-outline.htm

Lol I'm pretty excited =]