Wednesday 7 May 2008

Raburesu...amongst ramblings of a child (Y)

Okay, so recently I started reading "Loveless" by "Kouga Yun" and I have to say it's fantastic...
The plot lines are well thought out and the story runs at a very nice pace.
So here's a basic over-view in my own words:
Loveless (???? raburesu) is a shoujo manga by Kouga Yun, it's set in modern Japan and the overall plot revolves around a 12-year-old boy called Aoyagi Ritsuka and his thoughts and feelings about losing his brother Aoyagi Seimei and his personal feelings.
Basically it's a fantasy shounen-ai manga which according to wikipedia (which is quite true) is also mystery. ROFL!

So yeah, I said it's set in modern day Japan... except with a few twists!

1.) A wide number of the characters have tails and ears...
...This is common in shoujo manga and is known as kemonomimi which translates into animal ears...however, rather than just 'looking cute' which it does, it also serves an important purpose in the world of Raburesu...everyone who is a virgin has them, neat eh? Now you know who is a virgin or not :)

2.) The fighting teams!
The fighting scenes are important in Loveless...each fight consists of two teams of two people, a fighter and a sacrifice.

3.) Sacrifice...?
A sacrifice is a core member of the partnership and they 'own' their fighter and they themselves command their fighter and absorb the pain and injuries for the fighter.

4.) Fighter...?
A fighter is the person who deals the damage upon the sacrifice.

5.) Loveless contains paedophilia?
...No, it doesn't, but yes it does xD
Ritsuka is in Japanese 6th grade... meaning he's 12, Soubi is an art student in university meaning he's 20...although some would describe their relationship as 'sick' or 'disgusting' it clearly isn't, sure they kiss and Soubi says "I love you" I wouldn't say it's sick, although it obviously is a pederastic relationship, Ritsuka still owns his tail and ears! ^_^

But yeah. I love this manga way more that Nana...aaah and Ritsuka and Soubi are so perfect together... I'm almost positive they have a link together!!

Now...I'm out of things to say I suppose... so I'm gonna go and re-read Raburesu! -^_^-