Friday 15 May 2009

野に咲く花のように

On Monday my exams start, well, not just mine, everyone's.

To tell the truth, I'm really nervous about them. I think I'll do okay though.
After I finish this blog, I'm going to revise so much. I'll revise all day Saturday and Sunday too.

After my fourth exam I can breathe a little, but then back into the fray with more exams. Should be fun, right?
Well, I'm going to try my hardest because I have something to work towards.

I've realised that I can finally connect with Gackt's song "No ni Hana Saku no you ni" which translates to "the flowers blooming in the field."

Now that I'm so close to leaving I can almost taste it. Every breath is filling my lungs more and more with the scent of it. Haha.

The lyrics are very nostalgic. Very melancholy.

"No one has engraved their name in the ground beneath the cherry trees,
So let's make a promise,
To come back here someday and do that.
Like the flowers that bloom in the corner of the school yard,
Where the echoing of the school bell can be heard,
I want to express to you, who smiled gently for me,
A simple 'Thank you.'
One of these days, we'll meet here again.
Until that day...
I want you to grow strong, and never give up,
Like the flowers that bloom in the field.

The road we got so used to walking down,
And the scenery we got so used to seeing,
With a smile on your face, and tears in your eyes,
You said 'I'll remember them forever.'
We got used to always seeing, the setting sun colouring the rows of cherry trees.
And as we began to walk to the future,
We'll hold onto each and everyone of these memories in our hearts.
Until you reach the place you envisioned,
Don't ever give up.
You are flowers yet to be named,
But I want you to grow stronger and never give up no matter what."

There's more, but that's the really sad part. Haha. It's a coincidence considering that there's now a line of cherry-blossom trees outside school. o.O

So, yes. I'm feeling a little nostalgic. Strangely enough I'll miss that place, even though I've already left. I think I'll miss the people more than anything.
They say that as you grow older, you find yourself in different social groups, I think it's very true. It makes me wonder just how many of my friends I'll still be in touch with.

Different circumstances, different goals, different dreams, different paths.

But I don't think I'll ever forget anyone, even if we do eventually part. Haha.
That's an overly sad way to look at things, right?

Even so, sometimes it's good to be pessimistic, eh? XD

In other news, I'm totally in love with Gackt again. I think I'm gonna marathon him for a few weeks mainly to get his play count further up along my last.fm charts. XD

I think that's it. Hopefully I'm going to get to finish some poetry later. I feel in the mood for writing a "good bye" poem. XD

1 comment:

S.R.S. (that could be ANYONE) said...

Well, this is a late comment because I didn't know that you posted this because SOMEBODY didn't tell me. :D! Dude, but, good news....I think I have your link memorized, finally :)! I came here all by myself just now without having to go to your myspace first to click the linkk! :D Progress? I think so. Anyway though, you just took loads of exams and tbh, I think you did great :) Maybe you didn't pass the math one, but hey, so what? :P You can just take it during college. It'll be okay and I can help you ANYTIME you need help as well. Well, unless it's geometry because that part of my brain must be fried or something.
I actually really love those lyrics from Gackt. :) They made me sad though but they are very good. I should listen to him more...I haven't listened to him in so long! I have been listening to my soon to be wife. ;) Oh, and myself in the shower(and let me tell you, that's ear deafening).
I think that it's really natural for you to be feeling nostalgic, or as I would have put it in 7th grade, feelings of nostalgic. ROFL. You will miss the people of course, but in the process you're going to be meeting so many other amazing people. :) Maybe you won't keep in touch with everyone who you used to, but you will be making some pretty amazing friend(but not more amazing than me, because well, I'm just superior like that:D).
Honestly though Joel, I really think you're gonna have a great future. :) I mean, you have so many amazing goals ahead of you and you KNOW what you want...and I know you're capable of getting it. I also know that you are going to meet tons of amazing people and have an amazing life until you are 87 and die of choking on a plum. :) :D
Also, eventhough you are indeed going to lose some friends along the way...I want you to know that you aren't ever going to lose me as a friend. :P Even if we end up still living in other countries or something, I think that we shall stay friends for a longggg time :) until you're 87, and choke on that plum. :D
(Wouldn't that be creepy if you actually ended up dying from that?)