Saturday 6 February 2010

chatmonchy and mental update

I was drawn back to blogging by some mysterious force actually that isn't far off from the truth.
A few weeks ago I wrote an entry which is still in my drafts full of my usual self-deprecating babble, but as soon as I got close to finishing it I gave up.

Who wants to read such nonsense when there's already enough unhappiness in this world? I don't know about it, but I'm finally sick of being sick (do you like what I did there? ^_-)

I've recently been trying to discover new music and I've been so far successful!

By far my favourite is チャットモンチー (chatmonchy) who are a Japanese rock band. It's actually kinda cool because all their members are female. ^o^
The genre, I guess, is rock and it's very good. Sure there's the typical cute voice, but it's actually carried of VERY well in this band.
In addition to chatmonchy, I've also been listening to the Chinese rock-band Cherry Boom and folk Sa Dingding. Both are quite good.

I'm still hung up on Chihiro Onitsuka though!

For the quick mental update...well, I've decided suddenly that it's not necessary. I find my state of mind incredibly mundane, so I have no reason to believe you guys are any more interested. All that needs to be known is that I'm doing good!

I hope you all are too. :)

Lyrics of the now:

私とワルツを - 鬼束ちひろ
(atashi to waltz o - onitsuka chihiro)

"Don't dance your own,
Just because you're afraid to hurt someone,
Please, waltz with me."

Even though they aren't my words, Onichii is definitely saying them for me and many others. ^^

Take care everybody! I'm glad to be blogging again. ^_-

4 comments:

. said...

Hi Joel :) How are you? If you want to discover new music I strongry recommend Superfly to you!!!She is Japanese rock star...♡I love her song so much♡My most favourite song is "マニフェスト"(I know you can read it :) You seem to be very good at Japanese),and another songs I recommend are..."I Remember""スキップ・ビート"(cover version, originally it is sung by Southern All stars)...I realised I couldn't stop raising examples!:D Anyway please google it♡ Her lyrics are so awesome and her voice can't be lovelier!♡ I also recommend the musicians I raise on my profile.

By the way are you an university student??Have you been learning Japanese by yourself??:)

Sarah said...

JOELY!

Has your blog always had your picture? Looking gooood. ;D

Anyway, I'm happy that you are taking a positive attitude to things. It's better to be sick of being sick than to be so sick you love your sickness. Did that confuse you? It confused me. :/ LOL

But yeah, my point is, some people fall in love with their sadness and others want to be rid of it. I'm happy that you want to be rid of it.

Also, those are nice lyrics. But then again, most of her lyrics are. Isn't she the one who has such sad songs?

Joel said...

@Sinley:
I will definitely check out Superfly, I've heard a lot of good things about her! The songs are "Manifest" and "Skip Beat"?
I'll google them and check out the ones you talked about on your blog.

Currently I'm self-teaching myself Japanese, I'm seventeen in a month, but I'm wanting to major in Japanese and linguistics in university!

@Sarah:
I don't think it's always had my picture...maybe it had A picture, but not of me. Haha. Before it was Ayu? I changed around the blog layout too. It's not called Innocence Moratorium any more, I've decided that it's better to not delay the inevitable. ;)

It DIDN'T confuse me, for once!
I love my sadness but I love happiness more. It's complicated for me, I don't want to be unhappy any more, you know?

"I don't want a weak heart that can't cry, or the strength not to cry."
-Ayumi Hamasaki

Yes, she has songs such as infection, everyhome, Sweet Rosemary, etc.

. said...

Wow!!!!You are incredible!!!:O!!!びっくりです(^ω^)