Friday 26 February 2010

An important announcement...

I know that this will eventually be posted to facebook, which is the reason I'm making the announcement here in hopes that people will be able to see it.

I feel that an explanation of my actions is in order. I make no excuses, these past few months have been rough due to my own stupidity and I am finally taking my life into my own hands. Anyone who knows me in real life should know what I am like and how I think and I sincerely hope that they will take that into consideration as I do my best to explain myself.

Firstly, the situation with college. So far I have only informed a handful of people on my decision and by posting this I am making an effort to combat any rumours which may have cropped up. As a temporary measure, until I can steady myself I have withdrawn from college. Please do not misunderstand, I am not giving up. I will be resuming college in the autumn when I have had time to centre my thoughts.
This is definitely not a rash move. I have thought it over in great detail and I have spoken with my parents several times regarding my dissatisfaction with my studies.
During the time between now and September I am going to do my utmost to get a job so that I am not stuck doing nothing at all.

Now, I understand how some people will react to this, but I have to reinforce that I have thought about this in depth and there is no persuading my otherwise. This is not a permanent move at all.
I realize this is going to make things a little harder for me, but I am treating this as a clean slate and I am definitely not taking things for granted. To tell the truth, at first I was very ashamed of myself for making this move, but I have realized it is in the best interests of my mental health to take some time out to ground myself.

If you have any questions then I really would rather you come to me first instead of relying on hearsay and rumours and although I know this will affect certain relationships, I sincerely hope that it does not damage them beyond repair.

Thank you for reading and I am truly sorry for any complications the situation may have caused.

1 comment:

. said...

I'll send you an email! Please read it!