Tuesday 24 February 2009

Short blog

Hey!

So, this is my first "proper" blog in a while, there's not a lot to say actually.
Today I begun watching the drama adaptation of LIFE, I'm onto the fourth episode, it's really powerful and at times hard to watch.
For those of you who don't know what LIFE is, LIFE is a manga by Keiko Suenobu and it deals with a wide variety of issues, mostly bullying and self harm, the drama, however, doesn't include the self-injury.

LIFE is about a high school student named Ayumu and her descent into depression, starting with her best friend attempting suicide after Ayumu got into the school which she wanted to get into. Thus starts Ayumu's self-harm.
It deals mostly with depression, bullying, rape, and many similar topics.

The manga is fantastic and the drama really brings it to life (haha pun intended).

But, regardless of who you are and what your outlook is on things it makes me wonder "Hmm, should I have done that instead of what I did?"
I guess it makes you realise, just how bad bullying is in its many guises.

Suenobu's manga are always hard hitting and LIFE certainly is.

It makes me sad about a lot of things that I could've done different, things I could have said, and things I could've bit my tongue on.

But the past isn't worth talking about, isn't it the future we need to focus on? I think I should think about things a lot more.
I realise I can be an extremely selfish person, an extremely mean one too. But I try to better myself, even if I think it's useless to try.

But, back onto the subject, LIFE has to be one of the most powerful manga I've read in a long time, in fact it is the most powerful manga I've ever read.
I think that everyone should at least watch the drama or, even better, read the manga.
All though it's a shame that the manga hasn't yet been licensed in America.
It's the type of manga that after you've read a chapter you want to read more and you want to read until the character's end comes, whether it's a demise or a happy ending.
I think it's also useful in helping people realise what goes through the head or people who've been the victim of bullying, rape, etc. and who've fallen into the trap of self-injury.

But yeah, other than that, the day has been okay. I've managed to waste it again.
I'm feeling all right, a little under the weather though, I hope that I'll feel better soon.

Oh, by the way! I recently got promoted in the clan (in case you haven't notice, this is aimed at Sarah). So while you got promoted before me, I have an entire sub-forum to myself. Haha!
Actually it's hard work, I'll try my best though!
I guess this is all I have to report for now. So I guess I might blog later if something crops up. I doubt it will though.

Sarah reckons I should write a story. Isn't she silly? XD
I can't write at all. ^^

じゃ、またね~!

P.S. 恋しがる。 ^^;;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude
LIFE is amazing
That was like seriously the best drama series I have EVER watched. It does indeed make you think about A LOT. It's just a very powerful show/manga that I think more people should watch.
(btw, we can all be selfish and mean sometimes but I don't think that defines you as a person...unless you are regularily like it)
dude
you bastard
I thought that I was the only one that got promoted :'(
you stole my glory:'(
dude I haven't even been on there though...ROFL no time...some clan member I am :D
dude you SHOULD write stories. Seriously, you are a reallyyyy amazing writer. Once I get some time, I shall post some of your poetry on my myspace :)