Saturday 7 March 2009

2 New Poems

I guess this is my first post of being sixteen (yay).
Actually, being sixteen is just like being any other age, strange, but I guess it's when you're twelve and you're like 'I WANT TO BE THIRTEEN!' And then that's when the disappointment sets in when you realise being thirteen is just like being twelve but with extra responsibilities.

Even then, I guess I'm here with a purpose, what that purpose is I'm not really sure, but I would like to inform you people who read this (I doubt anyone other than Sarah reads this (comment me if you read!!)) that I'm currently writing prose, it's not very good prose, but it's prose all the same, in fact it's from a girl's point of view, because I am obviously a girl. ^_~
Actually, I might not even finish it, but I'd just like to tell you that.

I'm also nearly finished writing a children's book, which isn't very good. But even then, I'm only writing a children's book so I can get a qualification. So, hey-ho.
I might take photos when I'm finished, it's about Miss Sun and her quest for Mr Moon, it's good stuff, has a jellyfish and everything. ^_^

But yes, I also have two new poems which I shall post at the end.

I'd also like to say, I have a lot more time now, because I'm actually on a partial timetable at school. *rejoice*
Knowing this relaxes me a helluva lot more. So, I'll have more time to revise and sort things out, which isn't really important, but I thought I'd add that. ^_^

So, without further ado, I'd like to post the first of my two poems.

Eden

Look to the distance,
A city boldly glows.
Look to the horizon,
A mountain surely looms.
Look to the future,
A vision shrouded in doubt.
Look to the past,
A lifetime of mistakes.
Look to the distance,
A desert is in front.
Look to the horizon,
A plain goes on for miles.
Look to the future,
A wilderness is there.
Look to the past,
An Eden bleakly stares.

Seasons
(Another poem regarding seasons).

Spring is upon us,
Once again life will buzz,
The world's cycle begins again,
As refreshing as a cool rain,
Colour infects the fertile soil,
Such is this mortal coil.

Summer warmth floods the air,
The favoured season without a care,
Golden yellow is greeted by,
A lightning blue which meets the sky,
The atmosphere simmers and boils,
Summer is the season without toils.

Autumn transitions new to old,
The heat becomes pleasant getting successively cold,
The dusk is dark, the candle starts to falter,
Scatter, scatter, the leaves plummet in a blur,
Illness comes, diseases go, in the air it's bitter sweet,
People fooled, the season lies, the comfort is transiently sweet.

Winter is here at the very end,
Beautiful cold, under the icy white branches bend,
Covered in blue into a melancholy mood people fall,
It seems much colder, like you've never felt cold at all,
The long awaited finale is here,
Despite the sadness of the present there'll soon be cheer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE
Beast oBviously reads these as well.
but like
wow
You are seriously an amazing poet. They are so creative and well thought out. :P I wish that I could write like that. I especially loved the seasons one when you got to winter, talking about how it brought sadness..but there'll soon be cheer. :) That's a nice thing to think about. :)

DUDE I want to read your proseeee. :D